It’s a very special Mock Draft Monday, and that’s because CBS Sports HQ rounded up former NFL players and analysts to go pick by pick through the first round of the NFL Draft. This is the third straight Monday where our CBS Sports experts predicted how the first round of next month’s draft will shake out.
Among the experts that took part in Monday’s mock draft included ex-NFL players Brady Quinn, Bryant McFadden and Danny Kanell; former NFL executive Scott Pioli; NFL insiders Jonathan Jones and Erik Kuselias; senior NFL analysts Pete Prisco, Will Brinson and John Breech; NFL fantasy analysts Jamey Eisenberg and Dave Richard; and senior NFL Draft analyst Ryan Wilson.
We’re bringing you a quick look at the results right now, but you can also scroll through our live blog below to get analysis of all the picks as they were made. As you can see below, the top-four quarterback prospects were taken extremely early in a first-round that included a slew of trades.
- Bengals – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
- Redskins – Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
- Chargers (via DET) – Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
- Jaguars (via NYG) – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
- Dolphins – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
- Lions (via LAC) – Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
- Panthers – Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
- Cardinals – Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
- Giants (via JAC) – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
- Browns – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
- Broncos (via NYJ) – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
- Raiders – Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
- Eagles (via SF) – CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
- Buccaneers – Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
- Jets (via DEN) – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
- Falcons – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
- Cowboys – CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
- Dolphins – Josh Jones, OT, Houston
- Raiders – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
- Jaguars – Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
- 49ers (via PHI) – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
- Vikings – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
- Patriots – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
- Saints – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
- Vikings – Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
- Dolphins – Cesar Ruiz, OG/C, Michigan
- Seahawks – A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
- Ravens – K’Lavon Chaisson, LB, LSU
- Titans – A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
- Packers – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
- Broncos (via SF) – Xavier McKinney, DB, Alabama
- Chiefs – Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
See New Posts
Thank you for joining our live mock draft today! Be sure to stay with CBS Sports HQ to follow all the latest happenings leading up to this month’s draft.
And while they did not take a QB in round one, the Patriots were able to land arguably the best ILB in the draft.
Pretty exciting mock draft today. A bunch of trades and the top four quarterbacks going in the first five picks.
With the final first round pick, the Chiefs grab Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene.
I really like Xavier McKinney at No. 31 overall to the Broncos. He is great value and helps the team save some money in the long run.
Dave Richard and the Broncos snag S Xavier McKinney out of Alabama.
At No. 30, Ryan Wilson and the Packers select Baylor WR Denzel Mims.
Baltimore has always found great value in edge rushers: Pernell McPhee, Za’Darius Smith and Matt Judon. It could be a real problem for the opposition if the Ravens were to add a first round caliber player like Chaisson.
With the 29th pick, Bryant McFadden and the Titans select CB A.J. Terrell out of Clemson.
With the 28th pick, John Breech and the Ravens grab LSU EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson
With the 27th overall pick, Dave Richards and the Seahawks grab Iowa EDGE A.J. Epenesa.
To clear up what Miami accomplished, in the first round, they selected Utah State quarterback Jordan Love, Houston offensive tackle Josh Jones and Michigan center Cesar Ruiz.
With the 26th pick, Pete Prisco and the Dolphins select Michigan C Cesar Ruiz.
With the 25th pick, Jamie Eisenberg and the Vikings select TCU WR Jalen Reagor. So Minnesota gets both first round picks out of TCU.
I was just having this conversation on the side but I would take Iowa DE A.J. Epenesa before I selected Gross-Matos. Both are pretty solid options but I like Epenesa’s upside more.
With the 24th pick, the Saints and Will Brinson select EDGE PSU’s Yetur Gross-Matos.
Kenneth Murray is a guy that I have mocked to the Patriots quite a few times. I love his versatility and level of activity.
With the 23rd pick, the Patriots (and John Breech) select ILB Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma.
With the 22nd overall pick, the Vikings and Jamie Eisenberg select TCU CB Jeff Gladney.
Yup, I mean after all, O’Brien is not actually a general manager — just a head coach parading as one.
I thought Scott Pioli offered some really important insight there. General managers are not looking to rob other general managers blind because they want to be able to facilitate other deals in the future. It just kind of happens naturally with Bill O’Brien.
Will Brinson and the 49ers select LSU WR Justin Jefferson with the 21st pick. SF gets their replacement for Emmanuel Sanders.
Surprised to see Fulton go before Henderson in the mock, but a case can be made that he’s a better fit for Atlanta’s Cover-3 heavy system on defense. Having said that, if it were me, I would take Henderson. His tackling woes are fair to point out, but he’s one of two CBs in this class that I trust on an island in coverage. And I don’t think there’s a more important trait for a CB.
As expected, no running backs taken yet. D’Andre Swift was the only RB taken in the first round last week, going to KC with the 32nd overall pick.